Originally posted on Global Grind:
U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder has requested that the Department of Justice perform a second autopsy on Michael Brown, the unarmed teenager who was killed by Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson last week.
“Due to the extraordinary circumstances involved in this case and at the request of the Brown family, Attorney General Holder has instructed Justice Department officials to arrange for an additional autopsy to be performed by a federal medical examiner,” Justice Department spokesman Brian Fallon said in statement. “This independent examination will take place as soon as possible. Even after it is complete, Justice Department officials still plan to take the state-performed autopsy into account in the course of their investigation.”
Anthony Gray, the attorney for Brown’s family, said Saturday that pathologist Michael Baden will also conduct another autopsy on the teenager’s body. Baden previously testified in the trials of O.J. Simpson and Drew Peterson.
View original 3 more words
Originally posted on Global Grind:
With all of the mayhem that has been going on in the past few days, we can finally say that the state of Missouri is finally taking action.
St. Louis County Prosecutor Bob McCulloch has planned to place a grand jury in the next few days to begin deliberations and examine evidence of the tragic shooting of Michael Brown, which occurred on August 9th in Ferguson. McCulloch said in an interview with St. Louis Public Radio:
We’re going to start presenting everything to the grand jury as quickly as we can. We’re not going to wait until we have everything, and then do it.
McCulloch has also called for all witnesses of the Michael Brown shooting to deliver any information to the prosecution. But with swift action comes criticism. U.S. Rep. William Lacy Clay, D-St. Louis said a few things to McCulloch as he was addressing angry protesters at the Ferguson…
View original 116 more words
Originally posted on The Yolanda Adams Morning Show:
[ione_embed src=http://player.theplatform.com/p/BCY3OC/5hecub9Co8el/select/qozx80eYdPCe?form=html service=tvone.com width=610 height=343]
James Fortune talks with Roland Martin about the circumstances surrounding the shooting of unarmed teen Mike Brown in Missouri on Saturday. Click the audio player to hear his thoughts on this horrible tragedy, and what should be done about it.
Get The Very Latest From ?The James Fortune Show? On Facebook!
[ione_facebook_like_box url_segment=thejamesfortuneshow height="260"]
Originally posted on CBS New York:
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Two men were gunned down in a drive-by shooting Sunday morning in Harlem, police said.
Kenny Jimenez, 21, and Francisco Mercedez, 29, were sitting in front of a deli at Broadway and West 151st Street when a white sedan pulled up and opened fire, police told 1010 WINS’ Glenn Schuck.
Jimenez, who lived on the block, was shot in the neck and pronounced dead at the scene, police said. Mercedez, who lived in the Bronx, was shot in the back. He was pronounced dead at Harlem Hospital Center.
[cbs-audio-player title="Police: 2 Killed In Drive-By Shooting In Harlem" artist="WCBS" download="false" image="https://cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/harlem2.jpg" url="https://cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/shooting-schuck.mp3" station_name="Glenn Schuck reports" station_logo="http://cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/wcbs880-audio-logo.png"]
A longtime friend told Schuck he had seen them both just an hour earlier.
“I was just hanging out,” the man said. “Me and Kenny, we were sharing fries. Yeah, we were sharing. We was eating together. I gave him a kiss…
View original 46 more words